Monday, April 25, 2011

Hey Spring, um...could you please show up already?

I'd say I'm a pretty positive, happy-go-lucky, take life as it comes kind of girl...woman...person...whatever.

But lately I've been finding it harder and harder to feel motivated.  (This is apparent in  my lack of posting between January and now, am I right?)

Although some of it has to do with my own inner struggles (like...why--at 30--do I break out like a teenager?  And, really...am I at a point where staying out past midnight makes my bones ache the next day?  How is that even possible?  I'm not doing gymnastics.  I'm sitting on my duff, sipping a cocktail, and laughing.[Okay, okay, sometimes I might start dancing like an idiot...but that's just a few awkward arm and neck movements.]), I'm convinced that the bigger part of it is that Spring has not sprung.

Sure, she's peeked in but then she seems to run away screaming, leaving a trail of cold wind, grey skies, and recently snow...

...S N O W.

Are you kidding me?!

And it's left me feeling a lot like...

Why can't we just hibernate?  WHYEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?!?!?!

Although this is all speculation. And I'll have no conclusive evidence until Spring decides she'd like to actually stick around for more than 24 hours.

Because if she does, and I'm still being a mope about insignificant bull crap, it's going to call for some deeper introspection.

In other words, let's just hope it's the clinginess of this winter weather that's leaving me less than bubbly these days.

P.S. Unlike the rest of me, I just noticed that my hair is incredibly photogenic.  (In real life, it looks like complete dog doo.  But in this photo, not too shabby.  Now there's a positive!)

No comments:

Post a Comment