Friday, July 22, 2011

Everything in its own perfect time.

So, I’ve left you all hanging for almost 2 WHOLE WEEKS.  


I tell you I’m going on my first date in over a year and a half and then I disappear off the face of the blogosphere.  I am the worst.

But look, I offer you my penance in the form of a blog post NOW.  Right now.  When I feel like writing – rather than writing for the sake of not being late to post.  

So, I bet you’re all wondering, “Hey, Tiff.  How’d the Big Date go?” you nosy sons of bitches—THAT I ADORE. 

The short of it: Wonderballs.

The long of it: My Date, we shall call him…hmmm…I need something descriptive, yet incognito.  Something fun, but not too corny.  Something…that I’ll remember if once again I fail to update my blog in an appropriate amount of time.  (Which is, as you all know, highly likely.  Hey, at least I admit my faults, right?)

Hmmm…Ah, I know…

Laughs.  I’ll give him the pseudonym “Laughs” because he’s provided a lot of ‘em over the past couple weeks.  And laughing is also one of my most favorite things in history.  Right up there with the thunderstorms, improv, the smell of roofing asphalt (no seriously...I LOVE that smell), and...my favorite food...which is the perfect segue into the rest of the story...

Okay then, so Saturday the 9th, Laughs took me out on a date.  To a polish buffet…that had STUFFED CABBAGE.

OMFG.  My mouth just had an orgasm.

If you know me, then you already know how far on the “You Are Awesome and I Want to Keep Getting to Know You” scale Laughs progressed with that one simple gesture.

If you don’t know me, I’ll just say, he skyrocketed straight to the top.  If there’s one thing in this world that makes Tiff a happy girl, it’s freaking stuffed cabbage.  And being that it was a buffet, the words “All-You-Can-Eat Stuffed Cabbage” are translated by my brain the same way it would translate “You have just won 800 billion dollars.”

We hung out pretty late into the night.  Dinner was followed by a really great conversation and then a show.  As far as first dates go, this was pretty much in the top 5 of all time.  Which spot it landed in, well, I know the answer…but I’m pretty sure Laughs reads this blog and I like to keep him on his toes.   (Sorry, Laughs…maybe someday I’ll tell you the answer. Maybe.  Just....maybe.

Without going into the details (look, I love sharing my insights and experiences with you all, but a girl’s gotta have SOME secrets, doesn’t she?), we've been out a few more times.  And I am having a blast. 

Laughs is a great guy, and I’m having an awesome time.   

Speaking of time, that’s what I really wanted to talk about, but since I’ve used so much of this post talking about the actual date, and I don’t want to bore the shit out of you all, I will just say this:

I’ve recently learned, and am now currently putting into practice, that everything that happens does so in its own perfect time.  What’s that mean?  It means things happen when they happen because that’s exactly when they’re supposed to happen.

Before this date, I feared I was becoming an aloof, unavailable, ice queen.  

No seriously. 
 
I was more than content to just be me, not let anyone in, and dating was one of the furthest things from my mind (especially with my online dating site horrors).

And then, like a fart in a library---BAM---it just came out of nowhere.  And honestly?  I think that’s just great.  

So, yes, I thoroughly enjoyed my first date in a long time.  And I’m having a great time getting to know Laughs.  

So I’m just letting Time do its thing.  It knows what’s up.   No rush, no pressure.  None.  Of.  It.

Meanwhile, I’m just gonna sit back, relax, and enjoy the shit out of every moment – both the ones with Laughs, and all the rest that make up this incredible, abundant, crazy-beautiful thing that is my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment