Friday, September 23, 2011

30 Things in 30 Days while I'm still 30 - The Prologue

Okay guys, this might be quite a challenge.  I just thought of it this very second, so I have absolutely no plan in place - but fuck it, I''m doing it.

Doing what?  Oh, yes, some information would probably help. 

Today is September 23, 2011 - exactly one month until my 31st birthday.  It's the last month that this blog will still be relevant (although, with a little creative tweaking, I could probably just continue posting here throughout my 30s...but I kind of have other ideas.  Look at me, getting off track and ahead of myself.  GAH!)

I'm pushing off the dock and really setting sail into my 30s.  And I'm absolutely stoked about it.  I have loved 30 a butt ton.  I have always wanted to be 32 - been looking forward to it since I was in my teens.  (Weird, right?)  And this year, 31, is the bridge that leads to 32 and the rest of my 30s.  It's the first real step into actually entering this epoch of my life. 

30 was like just sitting on the shore waiting for the boat. 

In a month, that boat arrives and my ass is setting sail into the Ocean of Awesome (aka My Thirties).

I realize I didn't do all the things I had planned to do with this blog.  Which is actually a good thing.  It means that I was actually busy living my life during 30.  And I think that recently I've been pretty good about posting fairly regularly.

However, there were many months where I was severely lacking.  So here's what I plan to do to make up for it AND to make sure I live the shit out of the last month of 3-0.

I get a girl boner for lists.  True story.
I'm going to create a list of 30 things that I want to try, experience, or accomplish in the last 30 days of being 30.  (That's one per day, folks.)

So for the next 30 days, there will actually be a daily blog post.  Might not be anything exciting.  Might not even be interesting.  But it might be the most mind-blowing blog post the world has ever known.  Two sides to every coin, right?

I need to create my list, because like I said, I just opened up Blogger and this idea popped into my head.  I will post it later.  Which means that the first thing in this list will actually be to create the list.  That's some meta shit right there.

Holy balls.  This could be either really awesome, or really terrible.

But probably it will be TERRIBLY AWESOME! 

Boom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment