Friday, September 30, 2011

30/30/30 - Day #6: See a concert

Day #6 - See a concert
Status: Completed

I went to see Garfunkel & Oates at the Mayne Stage.  I discovered by accident that they were having a contest, the winner of which would receive an autographed poster from G&O.

What was the contest?  Well, in honor of Chicago being named Most Mustache-Friendly City, best mustache (real or fake) at each of the four performances would win said poster.

I knew immediately that I would be coming home with a poster Friday night.  Why?  Because:

I know, I know.  It looks natural, right?

Best part?  I was scared shitless to stand around wearing a huge fake mustache.  I wasn't sure if I'd be the only one or not, but instead of catering to that fear, I got my tickets from the window, and promptly applied my giant 'stache, wearing it with pride until the show started.  I got a lot of smiles, points, and giggles.  But most of all, I had a lot of fun wearing a giant mustache in public...while drinking PBR tallboys.  (Talk about a challenge.  I had to find a way to get the can to my mouth without incident.  Eventually I hatched a plan that involved putting the 'stache on my chin.  Like a mustache beard.  It worked like a charm.)

And...as I'd proclaimed the moment I heard about the contest:

It's a major award!


I won.  I totally won.  

Boom.

No comments:

Post a Comment