Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I'm going to have to double up!

I failed to complete any of my list items yesterday -- however, that doesn't mean the day was spent doing nothing.  As a matter of fact, it turned out to be rather busy.  Aside from catching up at work, I also managed to take Max to get his 6th grade immunizations in the morning, go grocery shopping, make Hungarian Nokedli (dumplings), and tidy up and do laundry.

I went non-stop from 7:15am until midnight.  Let's break it down a bit, shall we?

Immunizations -
Max requested that I take him to get his shots.  I don't know if it's that he feels less scared when I'm around, or if he knows I'll do my best to diffuse the situation with humor as often as possible.  As we sat in the waiting area, I could tell he wasn't looking forward to the nurse calling our number.  As a matter of fact, the whole ride there he kept asking, "How many minutes until we get there?"

I remember that feeling.  I hated shots.  In 5th or 6th grade I remember knowing a week in advance that I'd be getting a physical for volleyball that included a round of booster shots.  That whole week I pinched my arms in a last ditch effort to try and desensitize my arms to the pain of the shot needles.

I also remember wearing a t-shirt that was spackled with puff paint and had fringe on it.  Gross.

So when they finally called our number, I made it a point to keep things light.  And we ended up playing an improv warm up through all three shots.  We both laughed.  Heck we even got the (very busy) nurse to giggle after she was all done.  Max was super brave, and honestly, the whole thing was probably scarier for me than for him.

Grocery Shopping - 
God bless Aldi.  $26 for like 7 bags of groceries?  Yes, please.  Thank you.  (Also, their generic Oreos are awesome.  I had 12.  TWELVE.)

Hungarian Nokedli -
Only 50% Hungarian, but I felt 100%! Boom.




I'm Hungarian, and I want to make dinner for Laughs this week.  So I thought I'd get a jump on things by making the dumplings I need for the dish ahead of time.

Plus, I had Max to help me.  They turned out...um...all right.  Best part was making a mess with flour and dough.  I might have to attempt the dumplings again when I cook the actual dinner later this week though.






 
Bottom Line - 
Sure, I didn't hit anything on my list today, however, I still got so much accomplished.  So I don't feel super terrible about it.  I mean, I can always catch up.  The real goal here is to try and accomplish as much as possible before 31.  Especially the things I really want to experience.  And I'm gonna keep on truckin' with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment